1. Do Pittman Elementary School students wear uniform?
Yes, students must be in uniform daily.
2. What items are needed for complete school uniform?
- Khaki (dickey) Uniform bottoms for ALL STUDENTS Pre-K-5th:
Pants, walking shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers are permitted. Shorts must be walking shorts to the knee. Skorts, jumpers, and skirts may be no more than 3 inches above the knee. Pants must be worn at the waist and must be of appropriate size. No baggy pants or overalls are allowed.
- Forest green polo shirts with collars having the Pittman logo for students in K-5th. Pre-k students MUST wear the Purple Polo Uniform shirt with collars having the Pittman logo on it. The shirt must be worn tucked in at all times.
- Belt The belt may be black, brown, or khaki and must be worn at all times when belt loops are present on garments.
- Athletic shoe suitable for physical education class. No open toe or backless shoes are to be worn. Tennis shoes are the recommended shoe.
Socks must be visible at all times.
3. Where can Pittman uniforms be purchased?
School Uniforms may be purchased from the following uniform outlets:
Kajan’s Uniforms – 371-8570 1981 Barataria Blvd. Marrero, La.
J&L Uniform – 366-6887 1742 Stumpf Blvd. Terrytown, La.
Johnson’s Uniform – 340-6061 619 Westwood Drive, Marrero, La.
Uniformity – 347-3922 5040 Westbank Expwy., Marrero, La.
Logo Express – 367-7393 649 Yetta Avenue, Harvey La.
4. What can students wear for cold weather?
- A Pittman sweatshirt over the uniform shirt.
- Any sweater or jacket, or coat may be worn, but must be open while in building with the uniform shirt clearly visible. Outerwear is parents’ choice but should be labeled with your child’s first and last name. Flannel shirts are not permitted. Only white or green long sleeve shirts may be worn under a Pittman short sleeve shirt.
5. What is the school’s policy on jewelry?
Students are discouraged from wearing jewelry to school. Earrings may consist of a pair of studs, only. Hoops, dangles and large earrings that can be pulled or cause a distraction are not permitted.
6. Are there any other restrictions regarding the dress code for Pittman?
The school uniform does not allow for fake fingernails or nail polish to be worn. Students may not wear make-up to school. Additionally distracting hair extensions are strongly discouraged. Extreme hair dyes are not permitted in student’s hair or extensions. Mohawks of any kind are not permitted. Hair art (shapes cut into hair designs) are not permitted.