1. Do Pittman Elementary School students wear uniform?
Yes, students must be in uniform daily.
2. Where can Pittman uniforms be purchased?
School Uniforms may be purchased from the following uniform outlets:
- Uniforms by Kajan (371-8570) 1981 Barataria Blvd. Marrero, LA
- Skobel’s School Uniforms (366-6887) 1742 Stumpf Blvd. Terrytown, LA
- Johnson’s Uniform (340-6061) 619 Westwood Drive, Marrero, LA
- Uniforms by Logo Express (367-7393) 649 Yetta Avenue, Harvey LA
3. What items are needed for complete school uniform?
- Purple uniform shirt (PK and K) / Forest Green uniform shirt (1st-5th)
- Uniform shirts must have an embroidered Pittman logo.
- The shirt must be worn tucked in at all times.
- Khaki (dickey) Uniform bottoms for ALL STUDENTS PK-5th
- Pants, walking shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers are permitted.
- Shorts must be walking shorts to the knee.
- Skorts, jumpers, and skirts may be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and must be of appropriate size and fit with no tears/rips.
- Pants with elastic bottoms at the ankles are not allowed.
- Belt (2nd-5th)
- The belt may be black, brown, or khaki.
- It must be worn at all times when belt loops are present on garments.
- Athletic shoe
- No open toe or backless shoes are to be worn.
- Tennis shoes are the recommended shoe.
- Socks must be visible at all times.
- Socks must be solid black or white.
- Leggings may be worn.
- Leggings must be solid black, forest green or white.
- Long sleeved shirts may be worn under the uniform shirt.
- Long sleeved shirts must be black, forest green or white.
- Sweatshirts/Jackets may be worn over the uniform shirt.
- Sweatshirts/jackets must be solid forest green to be worn in the building.
- The only visible item allowed on the sweatshirt/jacket is the embroidered Pittman logo.
- Sweatshirts/jackets must be unzipped in the building.
- Hoods/scarves/gloves are not allowed to be worn in the building.4. Are there any other restrictions regarding the dress code for Pittman?
4. Are there any other restrictions regarding the dress code for Pittman?
Students are discouraged from wearing jewelry (i.e., necklaces, bracelets, and rings) to school. If jewelry is worn and it is lost or stolen, it is at the student’s risk. Hoops, dangles, and large earrings that can be pulled or cause a distraction are not permitted; however, small studs are permitted. Students MAY NOT wear make-up to school. Small purses may be carried.
The uniform policy is designed:
- to provide students and staff with a greater sense of safety and security;
- to readily identify and remove non-students from campus;
- to encourage an improvement in student behavior; and
- to reduce school clothing cost.
VIOLATIONS OF SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
- 1st offense: Verbal warning
- 2nd offense: Parental contact via phone or email
- 3rd offense: Behavior report & Parental contact via phone or email
- 4th offense: Detention & Parental contact via phone or email
- 5th + offense: Parent/Teacher/Student conference with an Administrator